Wednesday 13 April 2016

Pandan Chiffon Cake - for Cik Hanna Hantuna

I’m glad that I’m able to sit back and start blogging again.  
Yes, the year has passed and that Kuih Story page is idled – so is the Tuan Empunya.  Lots going on and yet, not! Since last year’s Raya, I was busy with Cookies making and then exploring the homemade food delivery services project.  Now Im beginning a new project back in my own Hometown.  Hopefully just for 6 months.  The order for cookies this year has already started coming in and yes it’s going to be another restless fasting month, especially when the orders is more than double compared to last year.  Though dah ada yang sound, jangan sibuk kejar sangat duit then amal ibadat buat seciput.  Ok, there’s only half the truth in that sentence but still I find it very cynical.  The thing that I disagree is the true fact.  I’m doing it not solely for the money.  But for the joy I find in it, the therapeutic effect when I lay my hands to do the work.  Bukan ke, bekerja dan making people happy through what I do is part of amal ibadat?  Yes Ross! Don’t judge! Perhaps,  they never reach a level of understanding that the score that Allah is keeping not merely when you duduk berteleku atas tikar sembahyang .  It’s sad when you try to make some people happy, others don’t.

Baiklah, this entry is a special dedication to all readers out there, especially Cik Hanna.  Yes, she’s been asking me to teach her to do this Chiffon for more than a year but due to my busy schedule that always crash with her free time, I didn’t manage to grant her request.  Cik Hanna is one out of 4 of my best friends.  We have been experiencing a lot of weather together.  This year we are celebrating 30 years of good friendship.  We call her Hanna, but that Hantuna, both of us agreed to add the name at the back, referring to perangai dia (I mean in a jokingly manner) yang macam hantu.  I really hope that this friendship will last till we no longer enjoy the sun on earth!

When I’m back at my parents a few weeks back, my sister-in-law was bugging me to do some cakes or desserts for afternoon tea, knowing that I brought back some of my kitchen utensils.  Lepas bersilat dan berkungfu dengan dia and other sister, I mengalah and gave-in.  Bila teringat keinginan Cik Hanna Hantuna kita, I was thinking that it’s best to do this Chiffon so that I can put it in this blog so that she can refer.  Though, as usual, dek kerana sifat sabar yang kurang ada in my family members, right out of the oven, tak payah tunggu sejuk dia orang dah korek keluarkan from the baking tin, and without letting it cool jugak, they potong and makan… so, no plating guys, just enjoy this somewhat crappy looking chiffon but very delicious one!  Two baking tins gone in 60 seconds!

Bahan-bahan:
5 egg yolk (kuning telur)
20 gm caster sugar
100 gm self raising flour (ayak dengan baking powder, kalau boleh 3 atau 4 kali)
1 tsp baking powder
100 ml coconunt milk (santan)
2 tbs pandan juice (5 helai daun pandan blend dengan 2 sudu makan air)
3 tbs olive oil (boleh tukar guna minyak sayuran atau minyak biasa)

For meringue:
5 egg white
70 gm castor sugar (kalau suka manis boleh tambah gula either here or dalam adunan tepung)
½ tsp cream of tar tar

How to:
Beat egg white till frothy
Then add cream of tar tar and beat till incorporated
Add caster sugar and beat till stiff (at this stage nak tau dia dah ok ke belum cuba terbalikkan mangkuk, kalau adunan tu tak tumpah or menitik maknanya it’s done
In a separate bowl, beat egg yolk and caster sugar till dissoleve
Add coconut milk and pandan juice
Add 1/3 of self raising flour and mix till incorporated then another 1/3 and repeat the process till the last 1/3
Add olive oil and stir till incorporated

Lastly fold in  1/3 of meringue till incorporated.
Repeat the process with another 1/3 and lastly the remaining 1/3
Transfer to the cake tin
Bake for 40 – 45 minutes at 160 degree celcius (jangan lupa to preheat the oven)
When it’s done, invert the cake tin and let it cool on a wire rack.


p/s : to know that it’s a success, when it’s cool, try to press the cake slowly sampai bawah, if it bounces back to the normal shape, then you’ve done a very good job.  Jangan lupa tepuk tangan when you reach that victory!!!


7 comments:

  1. Assalam Rosdi,
    welcome back!..
    2 baking tins in 60 seconds?...wow i guess dah pecah record dunia tu..hehe..mesti sedaplah kan itu sebab habis dengan sekejapnya...:)

    Bila tengok chiffon ni reminds me of my birthday cake a few days ago..kita buat chiffon cake juga, bila terbaca your last sentences tu macam tertelan air liur gitu..
    sebab for me i tak berani nak tekan my kek sebab takut dia tak naik balik..hahaha..kalau tak naik kena buat kek lagi..tak kuasa u..hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamualaikum..
    selamat berblog kembali tuan rmah..ptut la lama hilang..bkn ilang saja2 ye..semoga Allah swt permudahkan segala urusan en.rosdi dan terus sukses..
    Kita pon teramat lamanya xbuat cpon kek ni..dedula gak kerap jgk buat kek ni...sdp mkn..dgn lembutnya..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalamualaikum..
    selamat berblog kembali tuan rmah..ptut la lama hilang..bkn ilang saja2 ye..semoga Allah swt permudahkan segala urusan en.rosdi dan terus sukses..
    Kita pon teramat lamanya xbuat cpon kek ni..dedula gak kerap jgk buat kek ni...sdp mkn..dgn lembutnya..

    ReplyDelete
  4. terserlah kegebuannya..sedapnya jika dinikmati bersama minuman panas...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally ada entri buat kakak senyum ceria dengan hidangan chiffon yg menggoda mata. A year Cik Hanna kita menanti resepi hihi... melampau sungguh busynya. Good sign ni. Betul-betul business menjadi. Kakak tumpang gembira. Ni dah dekat puasa rasa kakak you will be busy again menguli biskut lagilah nampak gayanya:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back. Hehehehe sama sama lama menyepi tapi tidak la selama tuan rumah. Kurang sihat sikit so berehat sebentar mungkin kembali semula sedikit masa lagi. InsyaAllah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cheq pun dok terpikiaq nak buat chiffon... my stock of teloq itik makin banyak dalam fridge tak tau nak buat apa :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...