Monday 10 November 2014

Garlic Herbs Crust Pizza

The drive to cook seeps away from me lately.  There’s a lot going on in my life at the moment that is slowly draining away my passion.  I hope that this is just going to be something temporary.  I pity ToH, despite of a busy schedule, never fail trying to cheer me up or keep reminding me that I still have good left inside of me to excel in life.  Not to mention after coming home from work feeling tired and all but still taking me to the stores to buy groceries and then cook dinner. Yeah, that’s that!  Anyways, ToH’s been cooking quite a lot of local or Asian dishes lately.  For someone who loves western cuisine, that’s odd. I never complained. I think ToH got the hang of it.  

So, over the weekend, I got out of bed thinking that perhaps I’ll let ToH rest and take back charge in the kitchen.  Sigh! Still the drive isn’t there yet, so I decided to make something simple and not Asian!  I opt Pizza!  How corny right?! While we’re having our morning tea, Kak Lynn brought up one of the funny moments we had during the last raya in JB, at Subway in Kotaraya, mentioning something about our footlong oregano bread and not managing to finish it.  Suddenly an idea came crashing to my head!  I'm gonna do a pizza dough with a gist of that herb, something rather different then a plain regular pizza dough.  


It turned out really wonderful and so, its a must share with my blog readers!




For the dough:
350 gm bread flour
7 gm dry instant yeast
200 ml water
1 tbs olive oil
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
A pinch of salt
1 tsp dried basil leave
1 tsp dried oregano leaves



I made 2 types of toppings, but I’m going to put only 1 of it since the other one is quite commonly made

Tuna and Crab filament topping:
2 tbs of butter
2 tbs of wheat flour
120 gm mozzarella cheese (and extra for toppings)
250 ml fresh milk
190 gm tuna (in water)
60 gm of crab filament
a dash of white or black pepper
Some parmesan cheese



Method for dough:
Put all the dough in the mixing bowl and using dough hook, mix everything together until it form a nice elastic ball
Let it rest for 10 minutes
Lightly floured your working table and shape the dough into a small, flat disk, then working from the center, push the dough outward using your finger or rolling pin, to make the disk larger
Then using a fork, prick the dough thouroughly (but not up to the edges)
and place on the pizza pan (well, I don’t have any so I just bake it using my baking tray)



Method for topping:
Heat the butter until dissolve then add the flour and whisk it till it dissolve
Add in cheese and milk and stir until it dissolve and thickens, add in tuna and crab filament and season with ground pepper
Spread on top of the pizza dough
Sprinkle some mozzarella and parmesan on top
Bake for about 10 – 15 minutes



**Remove from the oven and ready to eat!**


3 comments:

  1. Wahhhhh lamanya menyepi. Good to see you back....

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaaa ada jugak orang nak ajar buat pizza kat blog yer... ingatkan makanan asia jer... caya lah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalam Rosdi,
    hope everything is ok on your side...
    soon all the things that in your mind or facing will fade and go away..
    cheer up ok..live life the fullest..
    try new recipes maybe that can keep u distracted with what you are sad about...:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...